The NDCR Summer Training Institute is an intensive two-week program planned and facilitated by CWSP staff, corporate partners, and volunteers to create and implement a curriculum that prepares all students for success at their corporate jobs.
Through our Summer Training Institute, NDCR students engage in training in three key areas:
- Personal development
- Business etiquette
- Entry-level office skills
New students participate in a variety of courses with topics including...
- Appearance & First Impressions
- Organization/Time Management
- Networking and Building Relationships
- Customer Service
- Business Writing
- Phone Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Attendance & Punctuality
- Taking Initiative/Dealing with Downtime
- Effective Notetaking
- Problem Solving
- Communication I & II
- Dog Poop Initiative
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Office Equipment
- No Complaining
- Business Ethics and Accountability
- Filing I & II
- Business Etiquette
- Public Speaking
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint )
- Speed Networking
Students attend presentations concerning...
- Overview of Jobs
- The Spirituality of Work
- Grades and Timecards
- Personality Test for Teenagers
- NDCR Graduate Panel
- NDCR Mission, Vision & Values
- The Cristo Rey Network
- 15 Famous Failures of All Time
To ensure safety and promote emotional intelligence, we initiate discussions about...
- Sexual Harassment
- Social Media & Internet Safety
- Workplace Safety
- Emotional Safety & Conflict Resolutions
- Managing Emotions
All new students take a final exam to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
For more information about the Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School Corporate Work Study Program's training initiatives, please contact our CWSP office at (978) 689-8222 EXT 23.