A Working Model
What makes our Cristo Rey model unique is an innovative Corporate Work Study Program
(CWSP), through which every student finances the majority of the cost of his/her education.
The Corporate Work Study Program places students into entry-level positions and generates much needed revenue for the school. At full enrollment, Cristo Rey Network high schools are able to cover nearly 80% of their operating expenses through the work program and a modest tuition.
The students are not on the payroll of the employing organization, but rather are employees of our separately incorporated CWSP.
By outsourcing full time, entry-level office jobs through this program, companies enable our students to earn tuition while gaining valuable on-the-job experience. Job sharing teams of students fill 8-hour positions one day per week throughout the school year. Students must complete a training program that includes workshops such as: Phone Skills, Dress for Success, Time Management & First Impressions.
Our students are engaged in primarily entry-level positions, performing tasks that include, but are not limited to:
- Patient Transport
- Answering phones
- Spanish translation
- Assembling mail
- Delivering inter-office mail
- Internet Research
Overall Benefits to Corporate Work Study Partners include:
- Fulfillment of office needs by a highly motivated, diligent workforce
- Reliable, pre-screened, productive workers that exceed expectations
- Enhancement of company profile as a community leader
- Opportunity to develop your future talent pool
- On-going training and high level of support provided by NDCR staff
- NDCR assumes all responsibility for payroll, worker's compensation, taxes, insurance, and transportation to and from jobs
- Compliance with stated Equal Opportunity Policies and Affirmative Action Plans
- A source of summer workers for companies
For more Information about our Corporate Work Study Program, including pricing, please contact our CWSP Business Development office at (617) 513-7555.