The Cristo Rey Network® is the only network of high schools in the country that integrate four years of rigorous college preparatory academics with four years of professional work experience through the Corporate Work Study Program. Comprised of 37 Catholic, career focused, college preparatory schools, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a powerful and innovative approach to education that equips students from families of limited economic means with the knowledge, character, and skills to achieve their aspirations.
While Cristo Rey® schools are locally owned and operated, the Cristo Rey Network national office protects the integrity of the movement and advances school excellence and innovation by:
- Surfacing, scaling, and standardizing effective practices across all schools through professional development offerings, convenings, and consultation in academics, college enrollment and completion, Corporate Work Study Program, performance measurement, and governance;
- Facilitating new school growth through development and implementation of a national growth plan and support for new schools;
- Supporting mission accountability – as defined by the Mission Effectiveness Standards –through school evaluations and data analysis; and
- Stewarding national branding, visibility, and fundraising.
The Cristo Rey Network at a Glance:
- 38 Cristo Rey schools (in 22 states)
- 12,300 students nation-wide
- 20,600 alumni
- 98% students of color
- $38,000 average family income
- 3,500 Corporate Partners
- 62 University Partners
- 38 Religious Sponsors and Endorsers
Mission Effectiveness Standards:
Cristo Rey schools adhere to a set of Mission Effectiveness Standards to protect the integrity of the model and articulate the shared mission. As a member of the Cristo Rey Network, a school:
- Is explicitly Catholic in mission and enjoys Church approval.
- Serves only economically disadvantaged students. The school is open to students of various faiths and cultures.
- Is family centered and plays an active role in the local community.
- Shall prepare all of its students to enter and graduate from college.
- Requires participation by all students in the work-study program. All students must be 14 years by September 1st.
- Integrates the learning present in its work program, classroom, and extracurricular experiences for the fullest benefit of its student workers.
- Has an effective administrative and board structure as well as complies with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Is financially sound and at full enrollment the school is primarily dependent on revenue from the work-study program to meet operating expenses. In addition, the school maintains a comprehensive advancement program to ensure financial stability.
- Supports its graduates' efforts to obtain a college degree.
- Is an active participant in the collaboration, support, and development of the Cristo Rey Network.
Cristo Rey Network
11 East Adams Street., Suite 800 Chicago, IL 60603
Phone: (312) 784-7200 | Fax: (312) 784-7201
Fr. John Foley Chair Emeritus
President & CEO