- About NDCR
- Support NDCR
- Corporate Work Study
Corporate Work Study Program
A Working Model
What makes our Cristo Rey model unique is an innovative Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), through which every student finances the majority of the cost of his/her education.
The Corporate Work Study Program places students into entry level clerical positions and generates much needed revenue for the school. Take a look at NDCR's impressive SCHOOL RESUME to find out more about what our students contribute to our partner sites. At full enrollment, Cristo Rey Network high schools are able to cover nearly 80% of their operating expenses through the work program and a modest tuition.
The students are not on the payroll of the employing organization, but rather are employees of our separately incorporated CWSP.
By outsourcing full time, entry-level office jobs through this program, companies enable our students to earn tuition while gaining valuable on-the-job experience. Job sharing teams of students fill 9:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. clerical positions five days per week throughout the school year. Students must complete a training program that includes workshops such as: Phone Skills, Dress for Success, Time Management & First Impressions. To learn more about our program watch this YouTube video.
Our students are engaged in primarily entry-level positions, performing tasks that include, but are not limited to:
- Patient Transport
- Answering phones
- Spanish translation
- Assembling mailings
- Delivering inter-office mail
- Internet Research
Overall Benefits to Employment Partners include:
- Fulfillment of clerical needs by a highly motivated, diligent workforce
- Reliable, pre-screened, productive workers that exceed expectations
- Enhancement of company profile as a community leader
- Opportunity to develop your future talent pool
- On-going training and high level of support provided by Notre Dame staff
- NDHS assumes all responsibility for payroll, worker's compensation, taxes, insurance, and transportation to and from jobs
- Help companies comply with their stated Equal Opportunity Policies and Affirmative Action Plans
- A source of summer workers for companies
For more Information, including pricing, please contact our Executive Directors of Student Leadership & Development, Fred Gilfeather, at (978) 689-8222 ext. 22 or (617) 899-5318 or Paul Reardon, at (617) 543-1686.